The "reality" show Jerseylicious is filmed at a salon by our house. I saw on Facebook that they were looking for a baby boy to come in for a free haircut. Well Aiden is in desperate need of a haircut so I sent them an email saying my son was 3 but needed a haircut if that would work. They called me later to say that they'd love to have him on the show. I thought we'd just be in the background getting his haircut while they filmed scenes. Well I was wrong... our part involved speaking lines!
We got there at 4pm and had to wait in their holding area which was 2 shopping centers away. I was the only one with kids - yes I had Anderson in his stroller and Aiden who was keeping himself entertained with his Leap Pad. At 5pm they brought us over to the salon. Many of the stars of the show were there (Gayle, Christy, Miguel, Michele and Doria). Aiden was supposed to get his hair cut by the newest guy on the show Anthony Tango. The producers put a microphone on me and I was taken by surprise b/c I really didn't realize we'd have to "act" for this free haircut. They had me go outside with the boys and walk to the salon, stop at the front desk and tell Christy "Hi! I saw the barber promotion and I'd like to take Aiden to get his first haircut." Then she would get Tango and he came over and introduced himself and they showed us to Aiden's chair. Well we had to do 2 takes and let me tell you it wasn't easy opening the door and pushing a stroller in there while they are filming us!
Well of course Aiden was shy and refused to get into the chair and I'm not a stage mom so I didn't push it. In the meantime they were filming the other guys walking in to get their haircut. While that was going on, I was chatting with Doria who is really nice. She is pregnant and due in May. She asked what nationality the boys were b/c she could tell they weren't 100% white. I was telling her that I just wanted to leave b/c there's no way he'll get his hair cut and I didn't want to be in the way. We literally had to stand in the middle of the salon for 20 minutes while they continued to film. Then they wrapped to eat and I told the producers there was no way Aiden would cooperate so we were going to take off. Afterwards Christy talked to us for a bit b/c she has a 17 month old daughter. Then the producer made me sign release forms for myself, Aiden and Anderson. I doubt our scene will make it on air since Aiden didn't go through with the cut, but you never know!
Of course I had promised Aiden a train if he got his haircut and even though he didn't, I figured I'd tortured him enough for 2 hours so we went to Target where he picked out something more expensive than a train of course! When Alvin asked him why he didn't get his haircut he said "Because I don't like to get my haircut next to those girls who are sitting in the chairs!" He likes going to the place where they have a train table and he can watch Dora on TV. Guess I'll be taking him there tomorrow!
Here's a picture of Aiden in the Gatsby in front of the barber pole they had set up for the shoot.
By the way, Anderson is a natural for the camera! He just slept the whole time!

No comments:
Post a Comment