On Sunday morning our church had its monthly coffee and donut gathering that we never miss. This week there were nuns selling books. So Aiden went over to check out what was for sale and picked up a Noah's Ark book. Alvin and I were both standing there so I asked the nun how much it cost. She said $9.95 which threw me for a loop b/c that seemed expensive for what was practically a coloring book. But I didn't want to seem cheap so I said OK we'll take it. Then the nun looked at Aiden and said "that's so nice that your Auntie is going to buy it for you!" Ha!
I could understand if someone thought I was his aunt when he was a baby b/c he looked very Filipino back then. But I thought he was starting to look like me these days. Maybe she just assumed a parent would never pay that much money for that book.
No comments:
Post a Comment