I knew this week was going to be tough but boy it was emotionally draining for me! I had to be in the city at 7am on Tuesday to run my global marketing and communications offsite for 2 days and with 70 people. And to top that off I had to prepare a presentation to give on the innovative events I've been planning. I got through my presentation without a problem and then that evening we ran a dinner for 110 of our colleagues at STK in the Meatpacking District. Wednesday we had an amazing guest speaker - the co-founder of Honest Tea (so of course I told our venue we needed to have lots of Honest Tea on site). Then we had The Go Game come and do a scavenger hunt which was so much fun. But Thursday was the stressful day. We were turning Michael Jordan's Steakhouse in Grand Central from the stodgy steakhouse to a lounge full of lots of lights and our logos. This was an extremely high-profile event as my CEO wanted it to kickoff our new brand and he was going to be giving a demo of our new tool that will be out next year. Having an event in Grand Central presents many challenges including having the fire marshall and MTA staff breathing down the production company's neck to make sure everything was compliant. Therefore we were running very late and sure enough my CEO and the executives walked in while things were chaotic and not set up. It was the first event where I cried (I saw my boss walk in and I ran over to her and lost it but no one saw b/c we hid in the kitchen!). But in the end it all worked out - and my boss (who is leaving our company unfortunately) sent me those beautiful flowers! And at least I can look forward to laying my head on one of our branded pillows.




No comments:
Post a Comment